2014 Online Workshops begin March 10!
Our free 2014 Online Workshops start next week! Workshop 1 entitled Back to Basics with Instructor Earnest Ward begins March 10, 2014. All workshops are self-paced and will remain open from their starting dates until December 31, 2014.
In Workshop 1, Earnest will focus on demonstrating and teaching the value of having a repertoire of basic art skills that can apply and transfer to any style or medium. Each week Earnest will build upon his lessons and give artists the knowledge and tools necessary to approach sketching, drawing and creating art confidently.
Following is a supply list for Workshop 1:
- Strathmore Skills Series Sketch OR Drawing Pad (your choice) – Week 1
- Strathmore Skills Series Mixed Media Pad – Week 2
- Strathmore Skills Series Watercolor Pad – Week 3
- Strathmore Toned Sketch Pad or Book (in Tan or Gray - your choice) – Week 4
- Graphite pencils – HB or softer (try to have enough sharpened pencils on hand that you can switch to a fresh pencil any time the one in use gets dull)
- White vinyl eraser
- Commercial or homemade composing frame: see Earnest’s blog for more helpful information on composing frames
- Water-soluble graphite pencils
- Watercolor brush and water container OR waterbrush
- Fineliner pens, waterproof (Instructor uses Micron pens in size 005, 01, and 02)
- Watercolor set (optional- a 12-color set will work for sketching on location)
- Colored pencils – wax or oil-based (Instructor uses indigo blue and white)
- Drawing sticks such as graphite, carbon, charcoal, pastels, oil pastels, crayons, etc (optional, but very useful for laying down broad areas of tone – faster than conventional pencils)(Instructor uses indigo blue and white oil pastels)
- Drawing board (optional)
- Large alligator clips or large rubber bands (optional)
- Soft brush (optional, but very useful for erasure clean-up)
Registered students will receive an email prior to the start of the class with instructions on how to access the online classroom. If you are already registered, watch your email.
If you haven't registered yet, click here.
Also, check out Earnest’s blog for sneak peeks and some helpful tips!
We look forward to learning with you!