Realistic Drawing with Charcoal Workshop
On March 4, our Online Workshops return with Realistic Drawing with Charcoal.
Kirsty Partridge, our Workshop 1 Instructor, has 543,000 YouTube subscribers who tune in to her channel regularly to see her exceptional drawing and painting tutorials.
Now Kirsty has created a special series on charcoal drawing just for us. The best part? It’s free to tune in and follow along!
3 recommended paper types will work well for this workshop:
- Strathmore 300 Series Bristol Vellum (Kirsty will be using this paper throughout the worrkshop)
- Strathmore 400 Series Heavyweight Drawing
- Strathmore 500 Series Charcoal
Kirsty is using many drawing supplies from the Lyra Rembrandt Charcoal set in this workshop, including:
- Lyra Rembrandt Charcoal Pencils 2B & H
- Lyra Rembrandt Large Charcoal Block
- Kneaded Eraser
- Blending Stump
- Tissues: soft tissues from tissue boxes with no patterns work best for blending charcoal
- Daler Rowney Aquafine Round Brush Size 4 – Any small round paintbrush will work.
- Tombow mono stick eraser to add highlights to the drawing
Here's a special preview of her video lessons for Realistic Charcoal Drawing:
► Lesson 1, March 4: Materials & Basic Techniques
► Lesson 2, March 11: Charcoal Flower Study
► Lesson 3, March 18: Drawing Animals with Charcoal
► Lesson 4, March 25: Drawing Portraits with Charcoal
We hope you enjoy learning with us and we can't wait to see what you make!