Toned Mixed Media Workshop Starts Sept. 4!
Workshop 3, Ethereal Art on Toned Mixed Media Paper, starts on Monday, September 4! In this FREE online course, artist Georgina Kreutzer will guide you through four video lessons demonstrating her techniques for using a range of mediums on Toned Mixed Media paper to make ethereal artwork.
You'll be able to see all four lessons here:
Here’s the schedule – all videos will be posted on their start date at 9:00am CST:
A Secret in Realistic Art – Highlights & Shadows
Texture Realism – Drawing Polished Metallics and Rustic Patinas
Ethereal Mixed Media Portraits
New York Cityscape in Mixed Media
After a video is posted on the site, it will be available for viewing for the remainder of the year. You can watch at your own pace anytime, as many times as you'd like.
Here is the supply list:
- Strathmore Toned Tan or Toned Gray Mixed Media Paper (Instructor uses Toned Tan)
- Hard Graphite Pencil
- Pastel Pencils – black/white tones (Instructor uses Stabilo Carbothello chalk pastel pencils)
- Oil or wax based non water-soluble colored pencils (Instructor uses Faber-Castell Polychromos and Prismacolor Premier pencils)
- White acrylic paint or gouache (Instructor uses Jo Sonja’s Matte Fluid Acrylic in Titanium White)
- Soft chalk pastels (Instructor uses Roymac handmade soft pastels)
- Hard chalk pastels (Instructor uses Micador Soft Pastels)
- White charcoal or white pastel pencil (Instructor uses Stabilo Carbothello chalk-pastel pencils)
- Watercolor/water-soluble pencils (Instructor uses Derwent Artists watercolour pencils and Micador ColouRush watercolor pencils)
- Paint pens (Acrylic paint or gouache would substitute well)
- Markers (Instructor uses Micador Stylist Brush Markers)
- Fine tipped paintbrush for applying final details
- Medium, stiff paintbrush for blending (Instructor uses an old round-tipped Winsor & Newton brush)
- Small, firm bristled paintbrush for blending.
- Matte fixative spray (Instructor uses Micador Fixative – Workable Mat)
- Optional: Masking tape to secure paper
We can't wait to see you there! Show us what you make on Instagram using #StrathmoreWorkshops