100 Series Youth Project Ideas
Abstract Self Portrait
Project Idea: Story Drawing Book
Try to see yourself in a new way by creating an abstract self portrait. Austrian artist Friedensreich Hundertwasser has an amazing life story, along with a very appealing style of abstract drawing. Visit www.artprojectsforkids.org to read more about him.
- Using a pencil, trace the width of a ruler around the outside edges of the unlined area of paper. Add another line about 1/4" away to make a narrow inner border.
- Draw a very large circle that almost touches the top border and does touch the left and right. Wobbly circles are welcome! Shoulders may be straight or angled. Eyes are drawn by starting with a center dot, and then the football shapes that extend and touch the outside edge. Hair must be simple, simple, simple, using as few lines as possible. Draw your name in block letters in the bottom border.
- When the drawing is done, trace all lines with a thin black marker.
- Color heavily using good colored pencils.
- Write a story about yourself.
• story drawing book
• ultra fine tip black permanent marker
• colored pencils
8 and up