100 Series Youth Project Ideas
How to Draw a Giraffe
Project Idea: Easel Paper
- Trim your 14" x 17" sheet of Strathmore® Easel paper to 8.5" x 17".
- Lightly sketch the three guide lines shown in the diagram.
- Add an egg-shaped head.
- Draw a line for the front of the body below the head, going down to the toes.
- Add a line with three curves across the bottom of the page to form the legs.
- Draw the back of the giraffe’s body, angling up to meet the middle of the paper, and then continuing up to connect the head.
- Add ears, horns, eyes and mouth.
- Erase the guide lines, including the one dividing the head and neck.
- Draw a scarf and hat, along with some giraffe spots.
- Color your drawing with oil pastels.
• easel paper
• permanent black marker
• oil pastels
5 and up