100 Series Youth Project Ideas
Torn Paper Animal Collage
Project Idea: Smooth Bright Construction Paper
Torn paper works especially well when fuzzy edges are called for.
- Decide what animal you want to make so you can select the appropriate colors of construction paper. Bright yellow and orange are ideal for a tropical bird or a duck, like this example.
- Tear out lots of pieces of your chosen colors, and glue them down on white paper using a glue stick. You will get the best results when there are no straight lines left on the torn shapes, only torn edges.
- "Build" the main body first, and then add head, beak, legs, feet and so on.
- When your animal is complete, use a marker to add an eye.
• plain white paper
• smooth bright construction paper
• glue stick
• permanent black marker
7 and up